Super Coopers Little Red Wagon Foundation
Empowering families with support, hope and a welcoming community while they are away from home, to provide strength in their fight against cancer.
Foundation’s Mission is to create a home away from home for these children receiving treatment for pediatric cancer at University of North Carolina and Duke University Hospitals. We provide dedicated housing and support services designed to meet the specific needs of these children and their families.
Children enduring long outpatient treatment programs have dramatically different housing requirements due to depleted immune systems, irregular sleep schedules and debilitating symptoms. The Super ReCOOPERation House will provide apartment-style housing that includes the following pediatric cancer–focused amenities:
- At least one single private sleep area per unit and a private kitchen
- Disinfected private playroom and toys
- In-unit washers and dryers
- Assistance with food and transportation
- A pediatric cancer resource center
- A family support network