Educate. Radiate. Elevate.’s Purpose is to strengthen the educational achievement of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) students who are facing economic hardship by providing them with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills.
Our Mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth served, their families, and their community.
Our Core Values are:
- Empathy. Our team empathizes with our students to build deeper connections and to help us better understand what drives their behavior and find strategies to help.
- Educational Equity. We know that all students can learn when given the opportunity, so we seek to ensure that our students have the support they need to be successful.
- Cultural Responsiveness. We strive to learn from and relate respectfully with people of all cultural backgrounds by continually reflecting on our own backgrounds and behaviors, actively learning about our students’ cultures and communities, and adjusting our practices accordingly.
- Holistic Approach. We take a comprehensive approach to teaching by seeking to address the emotional, social, ethical, and academic needs of our students in an integrated learning format.
- Partnership. We understand that students’ opportunities for learning extend beyond classroom walls, and thus we strive to nourish meaningful connections with our students’ families and communities, as well as other organizations providing vital services to them.