Diplomacy Matters Institute
WHO WE ARE
Diplomacy Matters Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to generating new platforms for meaningful dialogue among diplomats, government officials, academic experts and business leaders. Our programs and activities help foster international understanding, accelerate connections, improve information-sharing and increase economic opportunity. We accomplish this by tapping into the global knowledge base of more than 170 nations represented by foreign embassies in the United States.
We concentrate on areas in which we have direct experience and those that can benefit most from international dialogue and cooperation, including:
- Food and agriculture
- Science and technology
- Defense and security
- Sustainable economies
- Renewable energy
WHAT WE DO
We believe in the power of person-to-person connections and relationships. Modern diplomacy calls for engagement among individuals at all levels. To foster greater understanding and purposeful interaction, our organization works to:
- Develop educational programs and international exchanges.
- Educate and empower SMEs and entrepreneurs.
- Facilitate dialogues and exchanges between representatives of foreign governments and U.S. leaders in government, business, academia and research.
- Build web resources and leverage technology to create networked communities.
- Close gaps and minimize institutional memory loss.