FaithActs for Education, Inc.
FaithActs for Education is a grassroots community organizing nonprofit based in Bridgeport, Connecticut. We are people of faith building power to get our children the education they deserve.
Founded in October of 2014, our organizing model centers around two key activities: leveraging the power of faith leaders within their community, and directly engaging parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles – folks with a direct stake in their child's education. After two years, we're more than 400 members strong and proud to be building a movement of real change in Bridgeport.
FaithActs' core organizational values are:
- Guided by Faith. We have deep faith in God and in the power of communities to take on the important work of providing all our children with a transformative education.
- Serving the Children. We are here to relentlessly serve and responsibly invest in what works best for our children.
- Cultivating Authentic Partnerships. We believe in forming authentic relationships that bring our community together, collaborating with the greatest sense of mutual respect and integrity.
- Taking Ownership. We embark on our work by humbly taking our share of responsibility for the current educational inequity, and take ownership of changing it for our children.
- Driving Toward Impact. We believe results should be measured with transparency and rigor.
Do you work for FaithActs for Education, Inc.? Become an administrator