Institute for Building Technology and Safety
IBTS strives to:
- Increase awareness of building technology and safety among members of government, industry and business, as well as consumers.
- Increase the availability of safe, durable, affordable residential and commercial structures.
- Provide a better understanding of, and uniformity in, the application of government regulations.
- Create better relations with industry by providing unbiased, expert technical services in a reliable and cooperative manner.
- Improve coordination among government, industry and research organizations, and facilitate open discussions and meetings.
- Reduce the cost and risk for program participants and consumers while complying with regulations and improving our products and services.
- Use the latest computer technology to collect data, improve efficiency and promote accountability in all areas.