Community Blood Center of Greater Kansas City
A generation of Kansas Citians has grown up with Community Blood Center. They know if they, or someone they love needs blood in an emergency, Community Blood Center will make sure it's there. That's what Community Blood Center does-we save lives.Community Blood Center is a central resource for collecting and processing blood and blood products, ensuring area patients access to the total blood supply available in the region. We also offer other services including:
- A consistent program for testing: Ensuring the safety and purity of the blood supply
- A research program: Designed to bring new tests and treatment options to the community
- Reference laboratory services: Allowing physicians and hospitals immediate information on tests utilizing state-of-the-art technology
- Ongoing educational programs: Offering the latest findings to the medical, technical and nursing communities, as well as the general public
- Convenient donation sites: Blood is collected at 6 neighborhood sites and more than 1,800 annual bloodmobiles. Of the 120,000 pints collected each year, approximately 70% are given through mobiles blood drives.
It is through the commitment of volunteer donors that Community Blood Center is able to maintain its heritage of service to the community. Since opening in 1958, over 800,000 patients have received blood donated at Community Blood Center locations or through mobile blood drives.