Jewish Spiritual Literacy, Inc.
Our Mission: Translating ancient Jewish wisdom
into modern tools for living a connected and mindful life.
We envision a future when every human being can access and enjoy the incredible database of 3,000 years of Jewish wisdom.
JSL's mission is to foster a paradigm-shift in spiritual and moral education, towards an experiential pedagogy that transforms students with its clarity and relevance to their daily lives.
In order to achieve this goal, we are creating and marketing classes and materials for both formal and informal learning, and innovative teaching methods for spiritual and moral educators of all backgrounds. Both our “direct to consumer” and teacher training programs are inspiring students to seek further learning opportunities, to forge a warm, lasting connection to a spiritual or ethical community and to lead ethical, fulfilling lives that contribute to Tikkun Olam (repairing the world).
Jewish Spiritual Literacy provides five core educational programs and services for Jewish communities and organizations:
- Classes and Seminars – Jewish Spiritual Literacy offers classes and seminars for synagogues, JCCs, college outreach groups, retreats and Israel missions. Our wide range of topics have one common denominator: Every presentation has been proven to increase 85-95 percent of participants’ Jewish literacy and desire to learn more. Please inquire at info @ jsli.org (remove spaces) for detailed scheduling and pricing information. Please include your daytime contact information and a brief description of your need.
- Teacher Training Seminars – offered nationwide
- Distribution – educational books and materials
- The Art of Amazement Blog – Table Talk – thoussnds of readers get a weekly boost of spiritual intelligence.
- Curriculum Design - for educators and schools – Jewish Spirituality Network (sign-up for the Teacher’s List on the right sidebar) and visit our Teacher Resources page for free downloads of great teaching material.
Does JSL offer something valuable? Something unique? You be the judge — please visit jsli.org for detailed descriptions of our current programs and free downloads of audio and printed materials.