Partners in School Innovation
WHO WE ARE:
Partners in School Innovation (Partners) works hand in hand with teachers and leaders to strengthen teaching, learning and achievement in under-performing public schools and districts. Partners was founded in 1993 and our strategies have evolved over 20 years to fill a unique space in the education reform community, distinguished by the following qualities:
• MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIPS: We work side-by-side with our school and district colleagues over a 3-5 year period.
• Existing human capital: We focus on existing human capital to strengthen the capability of those teachers and leaders who are already in the system.
• DATA-DRIVEN, RESULTS-ORIENTED, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We build the capacity of teachers and leaders to use data to set goals, plan, implement, assess, reflect and adjust in cycles of inquiry and continuous improvement.
• SUSTAINABLE SYSTEMS CHANGE: We build essential knowledge and skills at multiple levels to ensure improvement practices are aligned, embedded and sustained across the system.
The key to our effectiveness is our 51 staff members, many of whom come to us as experienced educators and change agents— teachers, coaches, principals and district leaders—who have achieved extraordinary successes in their own classrooms, schools and districts
- 6 DISTRICTS
- 42 TOTAL SCHOOLS
- 1,260 TEACHERS & LEADERS
- 32,817 STUDENTS
WHAT WE DO:
• COLLABORATE: We work with school and district leaders to build a strong core instructional program, ensuring that all students learn at high levels.
• COACH: We create an integrated system for professional learning so that all teachers are able to deliver excellent instruction.
• CONSULT: We strengthen leaders’ abilities to focus on student outcomes and align school resources, structures and ways of working to achieve their goals.