Rwanda NGO Forum on AIDS and Health Promotion
Rwanda NGO Forum on AIDS and Health Promotion (RNGOF) is an umbrella/network of local, national and international NGOs;
It was created in 1999 and gathers more than100 NGO members;
It is also member of Rwanda Civil Society Plate form;
Also member of Eastern Africa National Network on AIDS Service Organization (EANNASO), African Council on AIDS Service organization (AFRICASO) and International Council on AIDS Service Organization (ICASO).
The mission of the RNGOF is To promote, coordinate, monitor and evaluate activities of NGOs engaged in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Rwanda, Networking and advocacy for civil society involvement in all HIV/AIDS program and policy development in order to improve the living conditions of the affected communities.
RNGOF has as objectives:
- To increase civil society capacity to implement effective community responses on HIV & AIDS, Malaria, TB and non communicable diseases ;
- To Strengthen communities' influence in national programming and in national and international policies;
- To Strengthen the NGO Forum on HIV/AIDS as a partnership of strong national linking organizations for health promotion;
- To Enhance the capacity of members and other stakeholders to effectively respond to HIV & AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, and non communicable diseases and their impact
- Enhance greater participation of members and other stakeholders to advocate for development and implementation of policies on HIV & AIDS, Malaria, TB and non communicable diseases
- Increase access to resources by members through mobilization, grant making and management
- Increase access to resources by members through mobilization, grant making and accountability