Olde Town Grove City
OLDE TOWN GROVE CITY is a non-profit organization committed to creating a better downtown Grove City through economic initiatives, promotional efforts and physical improvements. We are currently one of two projects (or “councils” under Grow Grove City).
Our MISSION: to promote and maintain a successful, attractive, and vibrant downtown community.
Our VISION: to be a central organizing and resourcing organization supporting the economic stability of a thriving downtown through intentional partnerships, cultural and social events, and beautification projects.
Olde Town Grove City is an accredited National Main Street Program, a prestigious designation that indicates the fulfillment of 10 rigorous standards determined by The Main Street Program. Accreditation is an annual award and Olde Town Grove City has maintained this status consistently for the past six years. This means that Olde Town Grove City
- has broad-based community support for the commercial district revitalization process, with strong support from both the public and private sectors
- has developed vision and mission statements relevant to community conditions and to the local Main Street program’s organizational stage
- has a comprehensive Main Street work plan
- possesses an historic preservation ethic
- has an active board of directors and committees
- has an adequate operating budget
- has a paid professional program manager
- conducts a program of ongoing training for staff and volunteers
- reports key statistics
- 10. is a current member of the National Trust Main Street Network
Olde Town Grove City works with the following three distinct but cooperative non-profit organizations at the national and state levels:
- the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s National Main Street Program provides our program guidelines (www.preservation.org).
- the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) is the organization through which Olde Town Grove City receives it’s funding (www.dced.state.pa.us)
- the Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC) oversees the National Main Street’s programs in Pennsylvania and also works closely with the DCED. The PDC provides National Main Street program leadership training to managers and volunteers in PA-based Main Street program communities, performs community assessments, and recommends communities for accreditation. (www.padowntown.org)
We are one of two distinct organizations (the other organization being the Grove City Arts Council) that operate under the direction of the Board of Directors for Grow Grove City (GCRI) and it’s 501c3 status.
We operate using the National Main Street’s Four-Point Approach. The Four-Point Approach revitalizes and stabilizes a downtown business district via the cooperative efforts of four volunteer-driven committees:
Chairperson: Melinda Steigerwald
Focus: organizing the financial and volunteer support necessary to implement the four-point approach; supports the manager and oversees the work of the other three committees
Chairperson: Dave Valenza
Focus: the implementation of a unified, consistent plan for marketing OldeTown including the general image, special events and retail promotions.
Chairperson: Tom Burdick
Focus: the improvement and enhancement of the physical environment of OldeTown
- Economic Restructuring
Chairperson: Mike Peck
Focus: cultivating a business environment that directs investment in OldeTown by supporting existing businesses, recruiting new businesses and providing entrepreneurial opportunities
Our Manager, Julia Anderson, is responsible for the development, conduct, presentation and documentation of Olde Town Grove City. As the principal on-site staff person, she is responsible for coordinating all project activities locally as well as for representing the community regionally and state-wide as is appropriate.
Please check out our updated website at www.oldetowngrovecity.com.
You can also find us on Facebook (facebook.com/OldeTownGroveCity) and follow us on Twitter (OldeTownGCPA)!