WHO WE ARE
People Loving Nashville (PLN) focuses on the healing power of community. We are a grassroots organization whose goal is to bring relief to those in need in the form of food, drink, clothing, and emergency supplies. Through our numerous and growing outreaches, we seek to form relationships and offer long-lasting support for the most vulnerable of our city.
PLN conducts outreach each day of the week through our various programs, such as:
- Monday Night Street Outreach: Our largest street outreach; we bring relief starting with food, clothing, and community. We provide a safe and positive community environment to the streets. Through this outreach, we work to build bridges to further resources for those in need through relationships.
- Tuesday Community Store: Each Tuesday our “store” is open to supply quality clothing, a food pantry, and a place for a concentrated connection to resources to those in need.
- Wednesday Camp Outreach: Once Covid began, we found there were numerous camps that were not close to any resources. We visit camps that may not have much connection to downtown programs or resources to bring relief by food and clothing and come to bring the connection to resources through relationships.
- Thursdays at Casa Blanca: At a micro-income apartment complex, where much of the community we know and love on the streets will transition to and from, we bring relief and connection to resources through a positive community.
- Friday Food Boxes: Through the delivery of food boxes to our friends who have transitioned into housing we come to bring a continued element of community and love.
PLN is also in the development of a housing first program set to launch in 2021. Through this program, we will take on individual clients to support in providing housing opportunities.