programme jeunesse Ici Corp
Employment assistance for new immigrants youth, and refugees
WHO ARE WE.
The Programme Jeunesse Ici Corp (PJICI), is a not-for-profit organization with a mandate in employment assistance for new immigrants youth, and refugees who lack the necessary work experience, knowledge and cultural familiarity in order to obtain steady employment inManitoba. We stimulate, encourage, support and coordinate integration. PJICI accomplishes its objectives by focusing on the value-added benefits of bilingualism as well as by initiating projects in four (4) core sectors; struggle against poverty, youth integration, education, and crime prevention. Principle PJICI activities include offering bilingual services to the community as well as coordinating cultural and socio-economical development projects with communities, youth groups, immigrants, refugees, and individuals..
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The program caters to immigrants and Refugees, girls and boys (French and English speaking) aged 15 to 30 years old, specifically those who face obstacles towards employment such as :
- criminal records,
- language difficulties,
- health problems, post-traumatic stress,
- a lack of academic and/or personal skills.
The goal is to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge they need in order to obtain employment in Manitoba’s construction industry.
- Person receiving government assistance
- Unemployment insurance
- Person eligible to work inCanada.
- Basic English courses
- Cultural integration sessions
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview skills
- Professional development (employment skills)
- Personal development (life skills)
- Goal setting
- Building and construction skills (plumbing, carpentry, masonry, landscaping, painting, etc...)
- Workplace safety training
- Forklift operation training
- Employment research techniques
- Job placement
- Employment counselling and on-going support
- Anti-gang / crime awareness