Scripture Union Peru
Scripture Union (Unión Bíblica del Perú) began working in Peru in 1927. It is an Interdenominational Evangelical movement working with local churches to help children, young people and families know God through His Word.
Working with churches Scripture Union of Peru intends to publicize the good news of God to children, youth and families and encourage people of all ages to meet God daily through the Bible and prayer. Our purpose it to help others reach a personal faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, grow in Christian maturity and become faithful church members and servants of a world in need.What We Do
In Peru, we run 5 ministries across the country:
- Abandoned Boys – Working with abandoned children and victims of extreme poverty, family violence and mistreatment, we are addressing one of Peru's most concerning social ills. Through 7 homes around the country of Peru, we work with former street and abandoned boys to rescue, restore and raise these throw-a-way boys.
- Bible Use – Encouraging people to have a daily encounter with God through His Word.
- Deaf Program – Using innovative approaches to the challenge of working with the deaf in Peru, our team provides tutoring to deaf school children, Sign Language classes parents and families of deaf people, and Sign Language - Spanish translation services.
- Medical – Assisting the poorest of the poor with medical attention along the banks of the Amazon River and its tributaries.
- Schools and Camping – A highly motivated team of staff and volunteers bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to children through a Christian values based program in a growing number of public schools nationwide, complemented in the summer time by a full camping program.