Building Bridges Mentoring Program
Building Bridges is a local one-on-one mentoring program which was developed to serve youth, ages 10-16, in the Kensington neighborhood areas. The structure of the program is designed based on the body of research done on effective mentoring programs, with the overall goal of being able to promote positive youth development. We connect youth to caring adult mentors who can help youth aspire, achieve, and develop to their fullest potential.
- Promote positive youth development by engaging youth to reach their full potential academically and socially.
- Build resiliency by equipping youth to recover from setbacks, adversity, and challenges.
- Strengthen self-advocacy skills by developing problem-solving skills, confidence, and perseverance to succeed.
- Foster healthy relationships with caring adults through the mentor/mentee relationship.
- Provide a structured, safe, and supportive environment for mentors and youth.
- Enhance family relationships and wellbeing by improving family-child communications and relationships.