Intrepid Hospice Minnesota
"...hospice is not about dying but about living until you die."
As a Hospice Volunteer, you will likely find your own life enriched, as you build relationships with patients and their loved ones.
What does a Hospice Volunteer do?
A Hospice Volunteer can do a wide variety of things, based on your skills, talents, and interests. Some of the these things may include but not limited to:
- Support for patients, such as visiting, reading, taking walks, writing letter, journaling, music therapy and pet therapy.
- Respite and support for loved ones and caregivers.
- Administrative support for Patient/Family calls, cards and mailings.
- Companionship for patients and loved ones; a connection to the community.
- Massage Thereapy if you are certified.
Volunteering is about making a difference to patients and families at a very difficult time in their lives. For volunteers it can be a truly rewarding experience knowing that through your efforts you have made a positive impact on another person’s life.