Associated Builders and Contractors of Metro Washington
"To protect and enhance the merit shop philosophy within the construction industry, to speak for the industry to the public, and to engage members to succeed in a challenging marketplace"
"ABC of Metro Washington is the pre-eminent advocate for fair and open competition and the merit shop philosophy, and the premiere trade association in the metropolitan Washington, DC, construction industry"
…is a way of doing business in which companies reward employees based on performance and encourage them to reach their highest level of achievement, and in which contracts are awarded based on safety, quality and value, regardless of labor affiliation.
- ABC values the free-market system as the basic premise of economic freedom.
- ABC believes in open and fair competition.
- ABC values a commitment to continually strive to attain the highest standards of performance in business and construction.
- ABC believes in strength in diversity and inclusiveness.
- ABC values personal and corporate integrity and trust.
- ABC values industry and personal professionalism.
- ABC values good corporate citizenship.
- ABC values lifelong learning and a commitment to developing the future and current workforces.
- ABC values good stewardship and fiscal responsibility in the leadership and management of the association.
- Promote business development by providing members with networking opportunities.
- Deliver programs and services that have a direct, positive and measurable effect on the members' prosperity.
- Perpetuate and defend the free enterprise system and the merit shop philosophy by participating in the democratic process.
- Promote for mutual benefit majority, women and minority members.
- Improve where we live and work through our members' active community service.
- Improve industry practices.
- Effectively communicate the services and benefits of membership, and encourage member participation and involvement in the association.
- Promote craft and management training of employees.