Boston University - Digital Learning Initiative
BU created the Digital Learning Initiative (DLI) to address challenges and harness opportunities associated with the transformation of the higher education landscape brought forth by digital learning technologies.
The Digital Learning Initiative operates in an agile, start-up mode to foster and support strategic learning activities. DLI’s mission is to spearhead the University’s most innovative projects in online learning, uninhibited by pre-existing culture and structures. Among other activities, the DLI:
- Serves as BU’s liaison with the edX platform
- Acts as the hub of BU’s MOOC production
- Facilitates campus-wide digital learning innovation via CETLI/DLI grants program
- Follows developments in the digital learning space and helps formulate the University digital learning strategy
- Proactively formulates and pursues key digital learning strategic initiatives