Catholic Immigration Legal Services

  • WA


100 - 23rd Ave S
United States

About Us

Catholic Immigration Legal Services (CILS) provides quality legal immigration assistance to low-income residents of Washington. Currently, CILS provides free citizenship/N-400 application assistance to people living in the City of Seattle and free citizenship and green assistance to refugees and asylees who have been in the U.S. less than five years. CILS has two office locations: Seattle and Mt. Vernon.

All other immigration and citizenship services are provided for a small fee in Seattle and Mount Vernon (Skagit, Whatcom, Island, San Juan and Snohomish counties).

Services provided by CILS include:

  • DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
  • Citizenship/naturalization (including fee and disability waivers)
  • Adjustments of status (Green Cards)
  • Travel documents
  • Employment authorization
  • Green Card replacements or renewals
  • Mock interviews
  • Resource/referral
  • Community outreach to encourage people to apply for citizenship and enhance awareness of citizenship benefits.

Catholic Immigration Legal Services is a BIA-recognized program that assists in assuring high quality legal representation. The BIA is the administrative appellate court for immigration law in the United States. The staff of a BIA-recognized agency must have a certain level of experience in, and knowledge of, immigration law to be accredited by the BIA to provide immigration legal services. BIA-accreditation also ensures that caseworkers will not be engaged in the unauthorized practice of law.

Catholic Immigration Legal Services main office is located at 100-23rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144. The Mt. Vernon Family Immigration Services office is located at 320 Pacific Place, Mt. Vernon, WA 98273. We do not have drop-in appointments.

If you would like to speak to someone about your immigration case in Seattle, please call (206) 328-6314 or (206) 328-5714 to complete an immigration phone intake. In the Mt. Vernon area, please call (360) 416-7095, ext. 226.