The RE Store
The RE Store is a program of RE Sources for Sustainable Communities and focuses mainly on the diversion of construction wastes and related materials from landfills. The RE Store accomplishes mission by a acquiring materials via deconstruction, salvage, and on-site donation and selling them at their two stores.
The RE Store has two environmentally-responsible retail stores that sell affordable building materials
- Offering quality alternatives to new products
- Stocking inexpensive, unique items
Examples include cabinets, doors, windows, light fixtures, tubs, sinks, flooring, moulding, hardware, etc...
Our Field Services recover wasted materials for reuse and recycling from Washington State and beyond
- Diverting over 4 million pounds of construction & demolition waste
- Providing quality services and savings for builders, home owners and businesses
We promote a green, sustainable culture
- Encouraging value to be created from waste
- Exposing a wide variety of people to sustainable lifestyle options
Customers save over $1.6 million annually through RE Store purchases
- Our sales totaling over 1.6 million dollars each year are based on items priced at 50% or less than the price of similar new items
- Saving money for our donors on their disposal fees while contributors receive a tax-deductible receipt or a in-store trade credit
Building community by building skills
- Developing individual skills for our 25+ staff on an ongoing basis
- Training people to enter the work force in new ways with our green jobs training program
- Connecting with our communities through workshops, events and our Recycled Art Program. Discover the many ways you can get involved with The RE Store.
The RE Store is a leader in the used building materials industry, a valued member of the communities we serve, and a winner of local, state, and national awards.