The Sauk Prairie Conservation Alliance
Since 1942, the 7,354 acre Badger Army Ammunition Plant has dominated the Sauk Prairie landscape in southern Wisconsin. No longer needed for national defense, the plant has been decommissioned by the U.S. Army, and in a transfer of ownership, will be converted to conservation, restoration, recreational, and agricultural land uses. The Sauk Prairie Conservation Alliance promotes conservation of the former Badger Army Ammunition Plant lands and the greater Sauk Prairie landscape through ecological restoration, education, research and recreation. We provide opportunities for individuals and partner organizations to pursue these activities guided by the values and goals of the Badger Reuse Plan, the document which guides all future landuse at Badger.