The Foxfire Fund, Inc.
- Moutnain City
Foxfire (The Foxfire Fund, Inc.) is a not-for-profit, educational, and literary organization based in Rabun County, Georgia. Foxfire’s learner-centered, community-based educational approach is advocated through both a regional demonstration site (The Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center) grounded in the Southern Appalachian culture that gave rise to Foxfire and a national program of teacher training and support (The Foxfire Approach to Teaching and Learning) that promotes a sense of place and appreciation of local people, community, and culture as essential educational tools.
• The Foxfire Core Practices, resulting in a learner-teacher-community-focused expression of the educational experience, hold great promise for improving instruction in American classrooms.
• Learner-teacher-community interaction is integral to the educational process.
• We can, and should, use our physical resources to promote the mission.
• We respect people, their relationships, and the things that are important to them.
• Foxfire preserves and extends the original model of learner-centered, community-based approach to education developed within the Southern Appalachian culture.
Do you work for The Foxfire Fund, Inc.? Become an administrator