Old West Church
Old West Church is a Reconciling Congregation We welcome all people of every race, ethnic identity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, age, economic status, or life situation into all aspects of congregational life.
The Old West Church was founded in 1737. For the next 150 years it was one of the most socially active congregations in Boston. When the demographics of a changing city scattered its congregation to the Back Bay and the suburbs, the 1806 building was deeded to the City of Boston in 1894 to serve as the West End Library. In 1962, when a new library was constructed, the congregations of the First Methodist Church and Copley Religious Society merged and acquired the building. The new congregation took the name of its new home, now known as Old West Church. Historically, churches were meeting houses that served their community in many capacities, not only for Sunday services. Our congregation has continued and strengthened this tradition. The doors of Old West Church are open to all who serve others, welcoming many religious, educational, and performing-arts organizations throughout the year.
Do you work for Old West Church? Become an administrator