As the American Wild Horse Campaign continues to evolve and grow, the need has arisen for an internally focused position, an Administrative Manager (AM). Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the AM will be responsible for managing AWHC’s internal operations, including supporting the ED in board relations (operational support, structure, board governance), administration (information technology, strategic planning, policies and procedures, compliance), human resources (recruiting, staff management, employee development), and finance (budgeting, financial reporting).
● Assist ED in supporting Board of Directors’ activities, including meeting preparation
● Monitor Board’s compliance-related issues (i.e. fiduciary responsibilities, insurance, conflicts of interest), ensuring they meet recognized benchmarks
● Provide staff support board, including governance and structure-related matters (standing committees, voting requirements, board terms, etc.).
● At the direction of the ED, oversee administrative functions, ensuring ongoing smooth operations
● Manage and direct company operations at ED’s direction to meet budget and other financial goals
● In consultation with ED, plan and implement current and future IT needs, including both hardware and software
● With ED and Board, engage in strategic planning activities to ensure AWHC’s long-term sustainability
● Maintain and update policies and procedures as necessary
● Ensure that AWHC activities are in compliance with all federal, state, funding, and local regulations, certifications, insurance, and licensing requirements.
● Manage recruitment and hiring for new and vacant positions
● Develop onboarding, retention, and promotion activities
● Manage wage and benefit schedules, updating as needed.
● Ensure all staff-related policies, procedures and regulations are in compliance with related local, state, and federal laws
● Assist employees to create objectives and establish procedures and controls to review the attainment of objectives and key results.
● Establish and manage employee development programs
● Ensure that AWHC staffers remain mindful of AWHC’s work culture and implement policies and practices to ensure that AWHC’s cultural values, as expressed in the employee handbook, are consistently observed.
● Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process with ED.
● Ensure completion of monthly financials (balance sheet, revenue/expenses, cash flow).
● Oversee financial audits.
● An undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college and/or equivalent qualifying experience.
● Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit management
● Knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
● Understanding of business functions such as Administration, HR, Finance
● Experience with budget development and financial tracking/reporting
● Ability to work with a diverse workforce, including external vendors, consultants, and contractors
● Excellent communications skills (writing, speaking, and presentation)
● Experienced user of office productivity tools.
● Ability to conduct advanced research using internet resources
● Ability to travel periodically, including multi-day trips throughout the U.S.
● Possession of a driver’s license, automobile, and appropriate insurance coverage
Note: This is a part-time position with the possibility of expanding to full-time employment as responsibilities demand.
Please send inquiries and resumes to email@example.com.
As the American Wild Horse Campaign continues to evolve and grow, the need has arisen for an internally focused position, an Administrative Manager (AM). Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the AM will be responsible for…