Temple Sinai of Oakland
The Administrative coordinator serves as a first contact with congregants, visitors and vendors to answer questions, provide information and/or direct them to the appropriate person.
The Administrative coordinator provides administrative and operational support to senior staff serving over 900 families in a Reform Jewish synagogue located in the heart of Oakland, California. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Temple.
The First Hebrew Congregation of Oakland/Temple Sinai was founded in 1875 and is the oldest congregation in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. A warm, vibrant and diverse Reform synagogue led by Rabbi Jacqueline Mates-Muchin, Temple Sinai provides meaningful Jewish learning and ritual experiences for all ages and stages of life including its award-winning, state-of-the art preschool, progressive religious school, and thriving community service and adult education programs. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.oaklandsinai.org.
Administrative coordinator ’s primary areas of responsibility include:
• Communications –
Assist Senior staff and weekly newsletter production team with producing copy for newsletter
Assist Senior staff with providing text for regularly occurring synagogue publications and websites
Take and distribute minutes of committee meetings as needed by Senior staff
Generate thank you letters donations and gifts
Assist Senior staff with social media communications
Support the Marketing & Communications needs in other ways as designated by the Executive Director
• Data management –
Managing the member database
Assist Senior staff in database reports and document creation
- Calendar –
Maintain calendar for meetings, programs, trainings, deadlines for deliverables, etc.; schedule meetings; update website with weekly events maintenance
• General office –
Answer phone calls, greet and assist in-person visitors, respond to vendors Required
• Tech savvy including proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel), and email marketing (preferably MailChimp) and apps
• Strong writing skills
• Database experience (Salesforce preferred)
• Ability to work with and appreciate the talents and contributions of a diverse group of people
• Experience conducting Internet research
- Ability to work independently • Strong organizational skills • Time management and ability to multi-task • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal • Strong attention to detail and accuracy • Commitment to providing exceptional customer service. • Familiarity with Jewish customs and practices is a plus
We offer a competitive salary, great benefit package and a fun and rewarding work environment.
Please respond with a cover letter and salary expectations.
Do you work for Temple Sinai of Oakland? Become an administrator