Women in Military Service for America Memorial
The Women In Military Service For America Memorial, at the ceremonial entrance to Arlington National Cemetery, is the only major national memorial honoring all women who have defended America throughout history. Their patriotism and bravery are a part of our nation’s heritage and are now recognized.
Visitors to the Women’s Memorial experience the collective history of women in the military along with the individual stories of registered servicewomen. The Women’s Memorial:
- recognizes all women who have served in or with the United States Armed Forces—past, present and future;
- documents the experiences of these women and tells their stories of service, sacrifice and achievement;
- makes their contributions a visible part of our history;
- illustrates their contribution equal to that of men in defense of our nation; and
- serves as inspiration for others.