Life Vest Inside
Life Vest Inside is a 501(c)3 non profit organization dedicated to spreading kindness, empowering people, and building self-esteem and self-value. LVI is all about helping people see the AMAZING and WONDERFUL potential they have to make a difference in the world through simple yet powerful acts of kindness!
We set out on our journey to change the world through the power of kindness in 2010 and to date have reached over 30 millionpeople globally through our inspirational film, Kindness Boomerang, piloted our Educational Kindness Curriculum with over 200 educational stakeholders, organized two WorldWide events with over 5,000 global participants from over 25 countries, spanning across over 40 cities. We have been featured in Ad Week, CBS News, International Business Times, Bloomberg TV and many other major news outlets.
Most recently LVI Founder, Orly Wahba presented on theTED2013 stage about the ripple effect of kindness, taking us even further on our mission to effect global change.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED!
LVI has some awesome ways to get you more involved! Below is a list of campaigns, events, and projects LVI has going on with a brief description!
1.AOK Card Campaign: A fun and exciting way for people to incorporate kindness into their daily lives! AOK cards raise our awareness to what kindness looks like and helps us see the opportunities that surround us on a daily basis to brighten another persons day. Each deck has 26 different acts of kindness cards, prompting the person to perform the act and pass the card to someone else. Through our campaign page, people can purchase their cards, submit a picture holding their card and submit a story about the experience with their card. The campaign encourages people to Become proud Card Carrying Members of Kindness.
2. Kindness Ambassador Program: With the success of our Ambassador program, we have decided to expand the program to incorporate further activities and a greater range of fan engagement, turning our Ambassadors into LVI Members! Each week, Ambassadors are sent a weekly kindness task and have the opportunity to connect with Ambassadors from across the globe. Members will receive various benefits and an annual LVI gift, amongst other things. The newly designed Ambassador pages should be up and running by March 1st. Don't want to wait until the relaunch, sign up as an Ambassador NOW!
3. Hope Exchange: Give Hope, Get Hope! As part of our joint initiative with one of our Kindness Partners, Adversity to Advocacy, we are excited to launch Project Hope Exchange, aiming to collect, aggregate and share 30-sec audio messages of hope from individuals that have been through some kind of adversity to others who are currently facing that same adversity. We are aiming for Project Hope Exchange to launch towards the end of March. People can call in or visit the site to either leave a 30 second message of hope or listen to a message of hope based on the adversity they are currently facing. Coming Soon...woohoo!
4.Dance for Kindness: Our largest WorldWide event celebrating World Kindness Day. Dance for Kindness is a combination freezemob/flashmob that takes place on the same day to the same song and dance, showing that regardless of our differences we can all unite under the banner of kindness. Last year the event took place in 40 cities spanning across 25 countries. LVI Group Leaders organize events in their city with the help and guidance of LVI. Registration for Group Leaders will open in May and registration to participate in the event will open in July 2014. This years event will take place on Sunday, November 9th to kick off World Kindness week. Take part in an event in your city or register to become a Group Leader for your city! Group Leader registration opens May 2014.
5. LVI Representative Program: Life Vest Inside is developing a Representative program, training our most loyal fans to become Official LVI Reps in their cities. Representatives will have the opportunity to introduce new programs, initiatives and Life Vest Inside events to their area - helping their city become recognized as a Kindness City! We have already closed registration for Rep's for the 2014 year, however people can still register to become Group Leader's for our annual Dance for Kindness event, which is a prerequisite for becoming a Representative.
6. Education and LVI: LVI has developed an Educational Kindness Curriculum that aligns with the Common Core State Standards and Blooms Taxonomy, bringing kindness, compassion and empathy into the classroom. The curriculum is currently available for purchase on our website for grades K-5. Our Director of Education, Lydia Criss Mays, has also released her new children's book, The Listening Me, which has been a hit and received several awards! We are always looking for interns excited in joining our education department! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
8. Contributions: LVI runs solely on the contributions of our fans and so it would be great to promote our donate page and store for people to contribute what they can.