ORGANIZATIONAL OVERARCHING GOALS
- Improved community building among African Americans and Latinx to create a brotherhood/sisterhood that results in mutual respect and collaboration to eradicate health and educational disparities
- BBK program participants will gain baseline knowledge of how to engage in advocacy, policy, health and wellness and education
- BBK program participants will gain baseline knowledge of how to improve personal, family and community wellbeing.
- Parent leaders who come through our programs are building skills and certifications that can propel personal and career growth. For example, connecting are programming to professional certifications in facilitation, early childhood education, and life and wellness coaching.
- BBK in collaboration with WCCUSD and community stakeholders develop a robust Parent Mentor Program with the goal of providing in school class-time support for literacy in grades Kindergarten and Third grade.
- Parents are engaged in community-led campaigns in collaboration with professional advocates and researchers to inform and develop education and health policy recommendations and affect city, county and WCCUSD systems change
- Leadership Development Program - Parents are invited to be part of a leadership development program that builds their skills as advocates, become decision-makers and prepares them to take on jobs within education and health fields
- Parents are able to assess their needs, wants and values and are working in supportive teams with one another to set healing centered wellness goals and establish plans for achieving those goals.