Youngstown Area Jewish Federation
The mission of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation is to sustain and enrich the quality of life for the Jewish people regionally, in Israel and worldwide. We are guided by the values of Tzedkah (righteousness), Klal Yisrael (the responsibility of each Jew for another), Dor l'dor (the continuity of the Jewish people), and Tikkun Olam (repairing the world). To accomplish this mission, the Federation:
- Identifies and addresses needs through the coordination and provision of services by the Federation and its agencies, and in partnership with Jewish organization and congregations
- Perpetuates Jewish values through education, leadership development, and involvement in Jewish activities
- Fosters a sense of unity in the Jewish community
- Promotes and protects the civic, economic and religious rights of the Jewish people
- Raises and allocates funds.