Founded in 1933, the Boston Psychoanalytic Society & Institute (BPSI) is the largest APsaA
-affiliated institute in the country, a vibrant educational and professional community of psychoanalysts, psychoanalytic therapists, interdisciplinary scholars, and others who are curious about the field of psychoanalysis. From the beginning, BPSI has been devoted to:
- excellence in training and education,
- a commitment to open, honest exchange of ideas,
- meeting the continuing education and professional needs of our Members,
- outreach to engage analysts from around the world, and
- support and outreach for the greater community.
BPSI welcomes anyone interested in the study and practice of psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic psychotherapy, and the ongoing applications of psychoanalysis in the community, medicine, and the arts. By consistently providing high-level post-graduate education, multidisciplinary programs and intensive clinical experience – in an engaging professional environment – BPSI fosters the development of highly specialized, trained and compassionate practitioners and teachers and a better understanding of analysis in the community. BPSI graduates are some of the most exceptional in their field.