Community Advocates for Parents and Students
1035 Interfaith Blvd, Kalamazoo, Michigan
I am writing you today because I have an amazing opportunity for you to impact the lives of youth in Kalamazoo. CAPS, is a tutorial program that was founded in 2005, shortly after the Kalamazoo Promise was awarded to the families and students in the community. Our program caters to the families in Interfaith Homes, with at risk youth. We are currently seeking tutors so that our program can continue to be effective, in the goal of making sure every student receives the fair chance to take advantage of their free college education.
The advantages to becoming involved as a tutor, are priceless CAPS was recognized in 2010 by the city of Kalamazoo with the Star Award but most importantly people were impacted. This movement cannot survive unless you help.
- Full time or Part time students at a university or college.
- Able to interact with at risk youth effectively
- Creative in tutoring strategies
- Skilled in Math, English, Science, Social Studies and other basic subjects K-12
- Early Start Date: Nov. 17, 2011
- Attend Tutoring on Scheduled days: Tuesday and Thursday 4:00pm-5: 30pm Saturday 10:00am-11: 30am
- Tutor students
- Attend monthly reflections/ complete debriefs
- College credit can be earned.
For more information concerning volunteer tutoring please contact Janai Travis at 269-352-0679 or email@example.com