Academy Prep Center of Tampa, FL
Academy Prep Center of Tampa is an independent, college preparatory middle school for low-income students with the following mission:
To inspire and empower students qualifying for need-based scholarships to be future community leaders through a rigorous middle school program coupled with ongoing graduate support.
Academy Prep Students:
• receive a full range of academics, including preparatory level English, literature, mathematics, science, social studies, writing, art, drama, and computer lab • participate each day in enrichment programs including dance, music, karate, chess, various sports, art, Scouts, career development, social skills, leadership skills, and community service.
• take part in required Saturday field trips, community service activities, and an 11th month program in June. • are served by a variety of corporate and non-profit community partners and individuals with over 9,000 hours of volunteer time - a third of that service completed by our families. • are closely supported by our Graduate Support Services staff, helping each graduate and his/her family through the opportunities and challenges of high school and college.
Academy Prep graduates:
- graduate at least two years above grade level in reading and math
- attend prestigous local private high schools and boarding schools such as Philips Exeter, St. Andrew's DE, Baylor, and Culver Military Academy
- 90% of graduates attend college, in a neighborhood where fewer than half the adults hold a high school diploma