World Bicycle Relief
World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. We envision a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, healthcare and economic opportunity. Our robust Buffalo Bicycles are a cost-effective and reliable means of overcoming the challenges posed by long distances in the developing world.
Compared to walking, bicycles represent an enormous leap in productivity and access to healthcare, education and economic development opportunities. The simple, sustainable nature of bicycles empowers individuals, their families and their communities.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Working with suppliers to improve bicycle design while ensuring all changes are culturally appropriate
- Enhancing distribution with local sourcing, manufacturing or assembly as much as possible
- Partnering with existing NGO, government and community based organizations
- Training mechanics in maintenance and repair while strengthening the existing supply of spare parts
- Measuring and evaluating the impact of bicycles and communicating the results to improve programs and increase awareness
Since our founding in 2005, World Bicycle Relief has distributed over 190,000 bicycles and trained over 950 field mechanics.
Major Gift Officer (Job)