The Gold Hope Project is an international group of photographers aiming to gift families battling pediatric cancer diagnoses free portrait sittings for their little warriors. Many families with ill children are emotionally, physically and financially strapped; it is the heart of The Gold Hope Project to take at least one worry off their shoulders and gift them something magical – the smiles of their children frozen in time. The Gold Hope Project’s goal is to make sure that these already over-burdened families have an everlasting documentation of the joy and whimsy of their children while simultaneously raising awareness of and funds for pediatric oncology research and treatment.
The Gold Hope Project’s mission is to:
* Photograph any child 21 and under with a current or past cancer diagnosis at any stage of treatment, remission, or survivor status.
* Photograph and share the stories of the families of children 21 and under who have sadly lost their battle.
* Educate our communities about pediatric cancer.
* Support, encourage and raise funds for pediatric cancer research.
* Provide resources for families who are facing a recent diagnosis.
* Support the community of other families who are facing similar cancer diagnoses.