Kindred Hospice Virginia Beach
5544 Greenwich Road
Many families sign up for hospice not knowing exactly what to expect. Hospice is not an everyday service or experience, so it can come with a lot of uncertainty. It’s important to know that you have people close by who can help you, support you and lift some of the emotional weight that can come with caring for a loved one. We offer care and compassion from caregivers with extensive experience in hospice care.
Hospice care may be right for your loved one when living with an end-stage illness, which has a six-month life expectancy, should the disease run its normal course. The focus is placed on pain and symptom management rather than curative treatment.
Our personalized services provide a caring community so you and your loved one can make necessary preparations for the end of life. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, wherever your loved one calls home. Our nurses are on call and respond within minutes, if necessary.
To make a difference in the lives of our patients and families by working hand-in-hand throughout their journey.
To lead the way in delivering clinical excellence, extraordinary service and compassionate hospice care.
Our Commitments To Care
- We will make patients and their families our first priority.
- We will commit to contact the patient and family within one hour of referral and admit qualified patients within three hours.
- We will communicate with patients, families and healthcare partners based on their expectations.
- We will visit our patients and families based on their needs and will provide the appropriate level of care, managing symptoms at every visit.
- We will engage in a holistic approach to care, which preserves patient comfort, dignity and self-respect, and honors patient rights.
We honor these commitments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Kindred Hospice Volunteer - It only takes minutes to impact a life! (Volunteer Opportunity)