American Dance Festival
Today, the ADF remains committed to serving the needs of dance, dancers, choreographers and professionals in dance-related fields. As the needs of the field have changed and grown over the years, the Festival's programs have been expanded and altered to help accommodate them. Remaining true to the goals of its founding artists, ADF's programs are developed based on its mission to:
- encourage and support the creation of new modern dance work by both established and emerging choreographers
- preserve our modern dance heritage through continued presentation of classic works, as well as through archival efforts
- build wider national and international audiences for modern dance
- enhance public understanding and appreciation of the art form and its cultural and historical significance
- provide a sound scientific/aesthetic base for professional education and training of young dancers and a forum for integrating and disseminating information on dance education.