Rosie's House: A Music Academy for Children
The mission of Rosie's House: A Music Academy for Children is to give the underserved youth of Greater Phoenix the gift of music education by providing instruments and free music instruction.
Rosie’s House was founded on the belief that music education helps students build self-esteem, learn discipline and become creative thinkers – important skills necessary for being successful in academics and life. Our students come from diverse backgrounds but they all have one thing in common – the potential to be forever changed by the transformational experience of learning to play a musical instrument.
- In providing access to music education because financial circumstances should not prevent a child from studying music
- In teaching discipline, promoting goal-setting, and improving our students’ life skills
- In providing comprehensive, rigorous, high-quality music instruction by dedicated professionals
- In developing our students’ commitment to community service
- In a commitment to students completing their secondary education and inspiring a dedication to lifelong learning
- In adding beauty and hope to students’ lives through music