Seaside Sustainability, Inc.
Seaside Sustainability, Inc. Internship
Description: Seaside Sustainability develops community-based sustainability initiatives and provides hands-on, adventure learning opportunities through environmental education. Our programs and initiatives encourage members of the community young and old to build and nurture a relationship with local land and seascapes. We believe that environmental challenges are rooted in a neglect to instill ethical and social responsibility into our existence. We address these issues by illuminating the heavy costs of environmental degradation, and providing resources to develop skills, solutions, and community involvement to counterbalance that impact. With Seaside Sustainability, there are myriad internship opportunities, relevant to almost any future interest.
What does Seaside do? Seaside Sustainability, Inc., a 501(c)(3), not for profit, charitable organization engages in sustainability-oriented programs & initiatives. Through these projects, we collaborate with local and regional community partners, addressing the specific environmental needs of the communities we serve. The following programs and initiatives are some examples of topics through which we are able to integrate our lifelong-learning methodology into the internship experience. NOTE: not all programs and initiatives are reflected on the seaside sustainability website;
- Adventure programs: deliver fun and engaging hands-on experiences for all youth which address relevant environmental topics and challenges
- Local and regional environmental initiatives: work with a wide network of partners to create and implement sustainability initiatives (locally and regionally) in order to simultaneously educate the local population & create sustainable communities
- Environmental education consulting: provide professional assistance, including training and consultation, to support school-wide environmental behavioral changes. We call upon our vast network of local, regional and even national partners to connect clients with additional resources and opportunities that can be adapted to address individual needs
- Facility and campus sustainability evaluations: a school facility self-evaluation which is detailed and extensive in both scope and breadth, thus providing clients with a comprehensive tool to direct their actions in becoming a green facility
- Project management curriculum: built on the foundation of project management, leadership, and sustainability, our award-winning interdisciplinary curriculum provides structure and resources to manage inquiry-based projects at all three school levels: elementary, middle, & high school
- National and international honors societies: three different honor societies for all three levels of school (elementary, middle, and high school) are currently under development
- Adventure school: the concept for the Adventure School centers around the idea that our children need more exposure to nature, while simultaneously being removed from the copious amounts of technology that surrounds us all day, every day