Touro Graduate School of Social Work
- New York
27 West 23rd Street
The Touro College Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) proudly offers "affordable excellence" in its mission to educate our graduates for social work practice in an urban, multicultural and diverse environment. Our main campus is located in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood - one of New York's most exciting areas. When you enroll in the GSSW, we will work with you to design a program path that fits your personal and professional needs. Our warm and supportive faculty and staff are committed to your individual success. Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, we offer full-time, part-time and advanced standing options leading to an MSW degree.
What makes the Touro College Graduate School of Social Work right for you?
- Flexible class schedules are offered in our modern Manhattan and Brooklyn facilities
- Courses are offered in a traditional classroom setting or through our innovative blended learning model which combines the best of traditional classroom learning with online education.
- Over 100 supervised clinical internships in leading medical centers, human service agencies, schools, and government.
- Second -year students are eligible for fellowships when they choose to specialize in particular areas of emphasis. These areas include working with military, veterans and their families, older adults, as well as people with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Graduating students receive social work licensing test preparation and are eligible to take social work licensing examinations throughout the United States.
- For anyone who wants to see if the field of social work is for them, we also offer MSW courses that students may take on a non-matriculated basis.
What else do you need to know about Touro College Graduate School of Social Work?
- The Master of Social Work (MSW) program is a 65-credit program that builds on an undergraduate liberal arts foundation.
- Students may begin the program in either the fall or spring semester.
- Full-time students complete the program in two academic years (four semesters).
- Part-time students can complete the program in either three or four years.
- Accelerated students begin in the spring semester and complete the program in 16 months.
- All students must complete two field placements of 600 hours each (1200 hours total).
What are the admissions requirements to the Touro College Graduate School of Social Work?
Full or Part-time
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a recognized national or regional accrediting association.
- A strong undergraduate record demonstrating the ability to complete graduate education. A cumulative GPA of 3.1 or above preferred.
- Commitment to social work values and clinical service delivery.
- Professional or volunteer experience in human services is preferred.
- We have a rolling admissions policy but prefer to receive applications 60 days prior to the start of the fall and spring semesters.
- Applicants for the Advanced Standing Program must have an earned baccalaureate degree in social work from an accredited institution within the last five years with a 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.2 in social work major courses.
- Students in the Advanced Standing Program may receive up to 32 credits towards the MSW degree and fulfill their requirements in one year.
- Advanced Standing students must complete one field placement of 600-900 hours.
- In addition to completing the application requirements for the general MSW program, applicants to the Advanced Standing Program must include senior year field evaluations, a paper from a senior year practice course, and fulfillment of the recommendation letters requirement specific to the Advanced Standing Program. (Refer to the supplemental application for details.)
- Advanced Standing students are admitted in the fall term only.
- Advanced Standing applications must be submitted by June 30.
To learn more about this exciting program, please go to: gssw.touro.edu
Touro College Graduate School of Social Work
27 West 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010
212-463-0400 ext. 5269
Do you work for Touro Graduate School of Social Work? Become an administrator