Calle 84 No. 18-38 Of. 709
- To narrow the educational attainment gap between the countryside and the town
- To meet the needs of the comunity in Rio Frio (Tabio)
- To provide children in Rio Frio with the opportunity to achieve their full potential
1. Supporting primary and secondary school children with their homework in addition to setting academic activities in the classroom to challenge and inspire them.
2. By empowering children to take a lead in shaping their own lives, that of their families and their community, through designing projects that respond to their individual and community needs.
3. Creating a safe enviroment in which to allow self exploration in terms of gaining self-confidence, social skills and developing positive and healthy relationships.
4. Working in partnership with local schools and authorities.
5. Providing quality English classes every Saturday to the community through volunteer teachers in line with Colombia`s bilingual education strategy.
In line with the educational report published by UNESCO “Learning: The treasure within” Una Semilla upholds the 4 pillars of learning to learn, learning to do , learning to live together and learning to be. It aspires to provide quality educational support and teaching to the community of Rio Frio in line with the Ministry of Education in Colombia.
In addition to inviting foreign volunteers with different perspectives and higher educational students to volunteer, support and guidence.