The Medical Society of the District of Columbia:
- dedicates its effort to the well being of physicians in metropolitan Washington and their patients;
- advocates on behalf of our member physicians of diverse cultural and ethic backgrounds;
- promotes high standards of character and professionalism;
- ensures that physicians are and are recognized as the primary professionals who define and guarantee high quality, appropriate, and cost effective medical care.
- aggressively defends the highest principle of all: the integrity of the physician-patient relationship.