Bike San Gabriel Valley
- El Monte
BikeSGV's mission is to make the San Gabriel Valley a safer, healthier, and more enjoyable place for cycling by:
- Educating the community about bicycle safety and the many benefits of cycling, including physical/mental health, air quality, and personal finance.
- Partnering with community groups, cycling clubs, public health agencies, and other parties to promote active transportation, improve air quality, and support multi-modal transportation planning.
- Informing and educating city staff and decision makers about internationally tested and proven forms of bike infrastructure that create safer streets for all road users: cyclists, motorists and pedestrians.
- Representing local cyclists and bike groups in the San Gabriel Valley on issues of regional significance.
- Developing strong working relationships with city staff and government agencies to ensure that local transportation policies and projects safely accommodate bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Supporting policies and legislation to increase funding for bicycle-friendly improvements.
- Recognizing individuals, cities and staff persons who set the standard for promoting cycling in the San Gabriel Valley.Organizing public events to promote bicycling in the San Gabriel Valley.
Do you work for Bike San Gabriel Valley? Become an administrator