PAID-WA is a model African
Institute in the area of development, one that trains intermediate and senior
development agents and respects the values of democracy, humanity, equity,
social justice, good governance and human rights. It’s mission is to ensure a high level of
satisfaction for trainees and organizations that benefit from training; develop
a culture of initiative in trainees; make trainees model managers and ensure satisfaction
for the teaching staff and employees of PAID in general (at the General
Secretariat) and regional Institutes.
PAID-WA is active in development,
management activities and capacity building through training. practical field
research, technical advisory/consultancy services and publications to address
contemporary issues and knowledge gaps. With core staff drawn from a variety of
cultural, national and disciplinary background, and supported by network of
external consultants from universities and the private sector, it is staffed by
highly skilled, experienced and dedicated individuals. Its main objectives are
- Promote action-oriented research and people centered
- Build the capacity of individuals and institutions
through the development of business and management skills in an effort to
create employment and reduce poverty.
- Facilitate the development of policy framework for the
promotion of good governance and gender equity.
- Put in place mechanisms for the promotion of
environmental sustainability with a view to achieving sustainable
- Diploma in Development Studies - Micro-initiatives and
Economic empowerment - Gender, Governance and Development.
- Capacity building and Institutional strengthening
- General Management
- Environment and Development
- Health and Development
- Computer and IT programmes
- To increase the number of senior innovative development
oriented managers in Africa
- To promote not only skills and capacity but also
leadership in their field through internship in specially selected
- To build the capacity of students handle challenges in
the area of peace, conflict, disaster management and humanitarian issues.
- Enhance the understanding of participants’ ability to
respond to the social, economic and political processes in development.
- Enhance their skills in innovation and
entrepreneurship, environmental management and regional issues.
- Developing expertise in innovations and
entrepreneurship, environment, agriculture, and regional planning and