The Foundation on Economic Trends
Office of Jeremy Rifkin is looking for an Executive Assistant / Programs
Our organization is a boutique global enterprise that works with heads of state, global companies, and leading civil society organizations to advance the transition to a sustainable post-carbon Third Industrial Revolution society. Mr. Rifkin is a principal architect of the European Union's Third Industrial Revolution long-term economic sustainability plan to address the triple challenge of the global economic crisis, energy security, and climate change. The Third Industrial Revolution vision has also been endorsed by the United Nations and embraced by heads of state around the world including Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, President François Hollande of France, and Premier Li Keqiang of China.
Mr. Rifkin is the best-selling author of twenty books, including his latest works: The Zero Marginal Cost Society (2014) and the New York Times best-seller, The Third Industrial Revolution (2011). Mr. Rifkin's books examine emerging trends in science and technology, and their impacts on the environment, the economy, culture, and society.
Mr. Rifkin is also the President of the TIR Consulting Group LLC which is composed of the leading renewable energy companies, construction companies, architectural firms, real estate companies, IT companies, power and utility companies, and transport and logistics companies involved in sustainable economic development. Rifkin's global economic development team is the largest of its kind in the world and is working with cities, regions, and national governments to develop master plans to transition their economies into post-carbon Third Industrial Revolution infrastructures. The TIR Consulting Group LLC’s recent economic master plans include: Nord-Pas de Calais, France; San Antonio, Texas; Monaco; Rome, Italy; and the Province of Utrecht in The Netherlands.
Mr. Rifkin is President of the Foundation on Economic Trends and has been a senior lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School's Executive Education Program since 1994, where he teaches CEOs and senior corporate management from around the world.
For more information please review our websites:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Handle general inquiries, including information requests, office correspondence, telephone, mail, and other administrative duties
· Assist the staff with mass mailings, marketing and media campaigns
· Assist with personal management of President’s daily schedule, travel arrangements, and appointments
· Organize and schedule the President’s speaking engagements, lectures, presentations, meetings and appointments, including travel and logistics.
· Perform daily administrative functions such as drafting correspondence on behalf of the President, transcription, knowledge management, database management, and other administrative duties
· Responsible for general office maintenance including: ordering office supplies, vendor relations and general office organization
· Draft, transcribe and edit reports and articles for local, regional and national governments, and media
· Conduct qualitative research (library and on-line) on a variety of topics
· Maintain organization of all research materials
· Oversee the archiving and digitizing of historical records
· Offer general administrative support
· Assist with maintenance of office databases
In addition to
the abovementioned duties, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for
working with Mr. Rifkin to organize, develop, compose, and implement Third
Industrial Revolution Master Plans (sustainable infrastructure economic
development plans) for various cities, regions, and countries.
Bachelor’s Degree required, (MA Preferred) with International Affairs, Economics, Sustainability, Social Sciences, or Humanities background. 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred. Knowledge of public policy in the European Union, the United States, and Asian nations will be taken into account. Experience with the full MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Knowledge of foreign languages preferred (please specify).
· Superior attention to detail in editing, transcribing, citations and grammar
· Excellent ability to organize electronic and hard-copy research, written materials, and historical records
· Interdisciplinary qualitative research experience
· Ability to manage projects and prioritize tasks while working with deadlines
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment
· Capacity to take initiative and solve problems and work collaboratively with other staff members and the President
· Outstanding verbal communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of contacts and at multiple organizational levels
Salary and Benefits: This is a full time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications; Benefits include vacation, sick-leave, fully-paid health, vision, and dental insurance, Metro Smart Benefits, and profit-sharing after 24 months of employment. We offer a small, friendly, dynamic atmosphere and are one block from the Metro station in Bethesda, Maryland.