The Virginia Association of Area Agencies on Aging (V4A), a private, non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, was established in 1976, to provide the following:
- Takes positions on relevant state & federal initiatives.
- Provides public education relevant to the needs of older Virginians.
- Acts as a liaison between national and state organizations and the Area Agencies on Aging.
- Serves as a link with the Virginia Department for the Aging and other public and private organizations promoting aging issues.
- Provides a network of information exchange among the Area Agencies on Aging.
Training & Education
- Promotes training and education activities.
- Provides opportunities for development of creative ideas, resources and discussion of potential solutions to problems faced by older Virginians.
The Virginia Association on Area Agencies also utilizes federal, state, local and private resources to operate the statewide Senior Medicare Patrol.