Family Services Division - Catholic Charities of Baltimore
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is inspired by the Gospel mandates to love, serve, teach, and work for justice. Catholic Charities provides care and services to improve the lives of Marylanders in need.
Catholic Charities - Family Services Division provides several categories of service:
- behavioral, emotional and mental health, child welfare, special education, early childhood and family-development services (formerly Child & Family Services - St. Vincent's Villa, Villa Maria Schools, Villa Maria Community Resources, Center for Family Services).
- care, training, and therapy for adults with intellectual disabilities (Gallagher Services).
- violence prevention and interruption (Safe Streets Baltimore - Sandtown-Winchester).
Our services include:
- Villa Maria Schools - educational and clinical services for children with significant emotional, behavioral, and learning challenges.
- St. Vincent's Villa - residential treatment and diagnostic facilities for children with significant emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Villa Maria behavioral health outpatient clinics
- In-Home intervention
- Crisis Response Services (B-CARS)
- Safe Start - early screening, intervention and referral for children at risk of abuse and neglect.
- In-school mental and behavioral health consultation and treatment.
- Family support groups and other resources
- Home-based respite
- Treatment foster care
- Adoption services
- See http://bit.ly/cfsvolunteermap for a map of our child welfare and behavioral health programs around the state.
- Gallagher Services
- Safe Streets Baltimore - Sandtown-Winchester
- Be a Mentor and work one-on-one with a child in need of a special visitor, role model, and a constant, caring person in their life.
- Participate as an undergraduate or graduate intern and discover the advantages of gaining your professional experience from a program that is nationally recognized as a leader in behavioral health.
- Gather together with your co-workers and participate in a Day of Caring as you complete a fun project to enhance our program.
- Sponsor a special activity for our children, or sponsor a child or family during our holiday campaign, and see how smiles really are contagious!
- Email or call for more info! We like to match your skills and availability to our programs, so most of our needs are not listed here.
Childcare - Medically Fragile Children (Volunteer Opportunity)
Decorating for holidays year-round - community mental health clinic (Volunteer Opportunity)
Volunteer Receptionist for Disability Services - Gallagher Services (Volunteer Opportunity)
Lend a hand: work with social enterprise for disabled person (Volunteer Opportunity)