Friends of the Truckee Library
Friends of the Truckee Library is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and providing support for the Truckee Library as an essential institution of society. Our members advocate, educate and raise funds on behalf of the library. We are a dedicated group of active volunteers that have spent decades devoted to growing and sustaining the Truckee Library.
2017 was a banner year for the Friends of the Truckee Library (FOTL)! Due to a convergence
of events, we’ve gained significant ground in moving forward with a community vision for a
new, modern library. These events include:
- Passage and implementation of Measure A - 80% of Truckee voters said yes to increasing our library sales tax from 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 cent demonstrating overwhelming community support and doubling fiscal revenue for library operations and improvements for the next 15 years
- LIFT Site Committee identified top potential library site at Truckee Regional Park.
- FOTL Presentations to Town Council and Truckee Donner Recreation & Park District
- Opportunity for a community managed library that is aligned with Town goals
Our Friends membership and donations provide critical funding for New Library studies and allow us to continue pursuing our community vision of a 19,000 square foot facility. Your donations and volunteer work also help us maintain our commitment to current library services and programs. Highlights include:
- Children & Teens: Winter/Summer reading program materials for 500 children
- Adult Literacy/ReadUp: Learning materials for 40 adult learners by 40 tutors
- Special Events: Our annual book sale jumped 75% in sales & donations. We hosted national
- library leader, Susan Hildreth, and raised over $6,000 to continue our efforts for a new Library.
Do you work for Friends of the Truckee Library? Become an administrator