Asian Pacific American Film Festival
"The mission of the DC APA Film Festival is to bring attention to the creative output from APA communities and encourage the artistic development of APA films in the greater Washington DC metropolitan region."
Asian Pacific American (APA) Film, a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation, explores the cross-cultural interface of East and West through art and education. Towards this end, our mission embodies the following goals:
1. To raise public awareness of APA media arts;
2. To encourage and promote the artistic development of APA media artists;
3. To provide arts education opportunities, with particular outreach to APA youth and adults;
4. To raise awareness and act as a catalyst for the discussion of issues affecting APA communities;
5. To bring diverse people together, to promote artistic and social interactions; and
6. To sponsor a DC APA Film Festival annually.