Franciscan Community Center
Since 1991, the Franciscan Community Center (FCC) has existed to serve the people of Manhattan's Upper West Side. We develop, manage and support educational, recreational and outreach programs that create positive change in the lives of those we serve. Over the past twenty-plus years we have realized our mission by:
- Distributing over 85,000 bags of groceries to families facing food emergencies;
- Offering tutorial instruction in reading, math & language arts to 3,800 local students;
- Enabling over 1,000 seniors to participate in a daily program that serves hot lunches;
- Serving as a safe and structured after-school environment for nearly 6,000 children;
- Providing individual & family therapy and group workshops to nearly 3,000 people; and
- Engaging over 500 students in a Theater Program that fosters creativity & collaboration.