Homeward Bound of WNC
- North Carolina
37 Montford Avenue
Homeward Bound is the leading nonprofit organization in Buncombe County focused on ending homelessness using the best practices Housing First model. Our case managers are trained in trauma informed practices and motivational interviewing techniques. We work collaboratively with community partners and have a proven track record of stabilizing families and individuals. Homeward Bound is a designated agency for Coordinated Entry.
Since 2006, Homeward Bound has moved more than 1,950 men, women, and children out of cars, camps, and shelters into permanent housing. We have an 89 percent retention rate.
· We believe in the absolute value and worth of every single human being.
· We believe that housing is a basic human right, integral to self-worth and dignity.
· We believe that homelessness is a solvable problem.
· We believe that all services should be offered with respect and empathy and in the spirit of hope and recovery.
· We believe that we are successful as an organization when one individual takes one step forward on the road home.
Homeward Bound is 30 years old, governed by a committed 14-member Board of Directors, has 50+ experienced and dedicated staff, and an annual budget of just under $5Million. More detailed information on Homeward Bound can be found at www.homewardboundwnc.org.