NAMI Westchester, Inc.
100 Clearbrook Road
NAMI Westchester is the premier grass roots advocacy organization in the county dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals with brain disorders known as mental illness. Through our programs, we are a primary source of support for families and friends of people with serious mental illnesses. As advocates, we educate the community on issues of public policy that will impact the lives of our members. We are committed to seeking a cure for these illnesses and eliminating the stigma associated with these disorders. We have been engaged in this important work since 1980.
OUR GOAL IS TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH MENTAL ILLNESS
- By changing public attitudes through encouraging a climate of respect and dignity for individuals with mental illness.
- By providing mutual support.
- By expanding and supporting research on the causes and more effective treatments of mental illness.
- By assuring access to care.
- By advocating for legislation to support our goals.
- By exchanging information.